Our construction company (PSI) based in San Francisco is seeking to fill a position for Project Manager role. We specialize in Commercial Tenant Improvement, Retail and Hospitality + Hotels projects. The business has been steadily growing since its incorporation in 2004. Our small team is at working capacity and we are looking for someone to hit the ground running to help us with our many tasks. We need a person that can be flexible and is competent in planning and drafting the work.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethical behavior when representing the
* Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and
labor estimate for projects
* Perform portions of estimates for multi-discipline projects including scope determinations and
accurate quantity survey
* Supervise and train other estimators in your primary area of expertise
* Solicit Subcontractor and/or Vendor quotes and evaluate them for scope and qualifications
* Lead meetings with Subcontractors to develop complete scopes and discuss strategy
* Supervise all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals,
procurement, and schedule.
* Have thorough knowledge of company’s contracts and understanding of all parties involved
* Secure all required permits and verify insurance coverage for subs
* Schedule and facilitate all project meetings required to successfully coordinate work activity.
* Supervise and manage project team members
* Have thorough knowledge of all major project issues and priorities; prepare and submit monthly job status reports.
* Provide general administrative and technical leadership for the project.
* Maintain all project records and monitor correspondence.
* Supervise closeout of project.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with counterparts at owner and engineering firms.
* Participate in proposals and presentations as requested
* Be the main point of contact for clients, subcontractors, building engineers, vendors/suppliers, architects
* Excellent communications skills - able to listen to clients' needs and communicate direction to others
* Delivery the project on time and within budget
* Perform administrative duties such as RFI's, Submittals, Daily Log's etc.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* 5+years of experience in the construction industry
* General knowledge of various construction trades
* Ability to lead and mange team
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication
* Team player
* Preference will be given to those with Construction related degrees. Although preferred not required.
* Physical ability to lift/handle materials
* Must have own vehicle
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Compensation Salary DOE, medical, paid holidays, and PTO